Thursday, February 11, 2010

Philosophy on life..


I could talk for days about my outlook on life.
But to sum it all up I don't want to be an ant.



"Hey. Could we do that again? I know we haven't met, but I don't want to be an ant. You know? I mean, it's like we go through life with our antennas bouncing off one another, continuously on ant autopilot, with nothing really human required of us. Stop. Go. Walk here. Drive there. All action basically for survival. All communication simply to keep this ant colony buzzing along in an efficient, polite manner. "Here's your change." "Paper or plastic?' "Credit or debit?" "You want ketchup with that?" I don't want a straw. I want real human moments. I want to see you. I want you to see me. I don't want to give that up. I don't want to be an ant, you know?" - Waking Life.

I think that this is possibly the most sense anyone has ever made.
I am a human, and so are you.
We are supposed to interact with one another. To share experiences, to relate, to learn from one another. But we go through life without that sense of belonging because we refuse to put ourselves out there, because we fear failure. So everyone continues on, with the same routine.

wish people would take more social chances. Like say hi to a stranger, or shoot the breeze with random person. I think that would curve the hostility between people. It would break the ice for future conversation, and make those people seem more approachable to others.

I just wish people were more open and willing to connect with one another.

I also think that common courtesy is a virtue to live by. I wouldn't say i believe in karma. I just think that we should be nice for the sake of being nice. Were all here for the same reason

No comments: