Friday, October 30, 2009

30 lines

We have to write 30 lines about a topic this week so I am going to write about how I am an agnostic, and how that doesn't change me. I don't believe in god. It's something that I am not afraid to let people know. The definition of agnostic is

the view that the question of the existence or nonexistence of a deity or deities and the nature of ultimate reality is unknowable by reason of our natural inability to verify any experience with anything but another subjective experience. A strong agnostic would say, "I cannot know whether a deity exists or not, and neither can you."
wiki, wiki, wiki
Im not a different person because i don't believe in god. Im just unwilling to put all of my hope and faith into someone other than myself. I believe in myself, and myself only because in actuality, I am the only person that really matters in my life. That may sound selfish but its the truth. In the end you live for yourself, because if you live for someone else you will never achieve true happiness. I believe in myself, i know who i am and i know that no one on this earth can change me.

I am my own person.

I think that many people need a reason for existence. Some people just can't handle the fact that we are animals, here for no other purpose other than to evolve, survive, and reproduce. The fact that there very existence is irrelevant to the survival of man hurts them. Im my eyes, God is just a way to explain the unexplainable. How the earth formed, and man, are among the many wonders that are accredited to god. But science shows otherwise.

Many people let the church lead there lives. The church forms there sense of right and wrong for them, and i think that is crazy. How can a book define you.

As i said before,
i am my own person......

1 comment:

Taylor Berkey said...

this is really really good. Even I get this and I'm a Christian. That just shows what a good writer you are. You clearly know what you're talking about and have a good point of view. Geeeet it Madison :D